With so many universities, all offering different cultural and academic experiences, a lot of what pushes you to one university vs another, can be location! If you thinking about attending a UAE university, you'll want to make sure you understand what else there is to do in the area. The UAE offers a wide range of of landscapes and architecture, and a lot of fun activities for students to partake in, unique to other areas.
So why should you apply to a University in the UAE?
1. The Culture:
- Sharjah was declared the "cultural capital of the Arab world" by UNESCO. So there's lots of cultural institutions like museums, mosques, and delicious cuisine!
- The Capital of Islamic Culture for 2014: Sharjah was named the Capital of Islamic Culture for 2014 in recognition of its remarkable contributions in preserving, promoting and disseminating culture at local, Arab and Islamic levels.
2. Beautiful Landscapes:
- Archaeological dig sites in Jumeirah
- Mountains and Gulf of Oman
You won't be doing school work all the time, and will need other fun activities. Robotic camel races can be a fun way to get away from school work for a little bit. If camel races aren't up your alley, there's cricket matches in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and Dubai.
- Indoor skiing in Dubai
- Dreamland water park
4. The UAE is exciting
- In Dubai - duty free shopping
- Tax free income in certain areas
- High growth/jobs
No matter what you're interested in, UAE universities have a lot to offer in terms of rich culture and student life activities. If you're ready to apply now to our undergraduate programs.